Connect with Us
Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda
The Establishment Of The Insurance Regulatory Authority Of Uganda Was A Consequence Of Government’s Adoption Of The Liberalization And Privatization Policies Which Ended Its Role Of Directly Engaging In The Provision Of Goods And Services And Taking On The Role Of Supervisor Or Regulator.
Mission. To create an enabling regulatory environment for sustainable growth of the insurance industry while upholding best practices.
Legacy Towers, Block B, 2nd Floor Plot 5, Kyadondo Road, Nakasero Kampala (U)
List of Insurance Companies in Uganda
Non – Life Insurance Companies
- AIG Uganda Limited
- Basani insurance limited
- Alliance Africa General Insurance Limited
- Britam Insurance Uganda Limited
- CIC General Insurance Uganda Limited
- East African Underwriters Limited
- GoldStar Life Assurance Company Limited
- NIC General Insurance Company Limited
- Statewide Insurance Company Limited
- The Jubilee Insurance Company of Uganda
- TransAfrica Assurance Limited
- UAP Insurance Uganda Limited
Life Insurance Companies
- Prudential Assurance Uganda Limited (Acquired Goldstar Insurance in June 2015)
- The Jubilee Life Insurance Company of Uganda
- Liberty Life Assurance Company Limited
- NIC Life Assurance Company Limited
- Sanlam Life Insurance Company Limited
- UAP Life Assurance Uganda Limited
Insurance is a contract, represented by a policy, in which an individual or entity receives financial protection or reimbursement against losses from an insurance company. The company pools clients’ risks to make payments more affordable for the insured.
Insurance policies are used to hedge against the risk of financial losses, both big and small, that may result from damage to the insured or her property, or from liability for damage or injury caused to a third party.